Step 1: Connect Hook to your Home WiFi
Things you can do for a smooth WiFi setup:
1. Disconnect any WiFi extenders during setup.
2. Change the names of the 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi channels, if they are same.
3. Remove special characters and spaces from the WiFi SSID, if any.
4. Change WiFi security type to WPA/WPA2. For setup with WEP security, refer here.
5. Disable ATT WiFi calling on your iPhone during setup.
WiFi setup for Android
ProTips (covered in the video):
1. Turn OFF Cellular Data AFTER you tap 'Add Hook' in the App
2. Tap 'Next' AFTER the Android OS gives the 'WiFi has no internet access' warning
3. Turn ON Cellular Data as Soon as you tap 'Connect' from the nearby WiFi list
WiFi setup for iOS
1. Find 'Hook Home Automation' App and download
2. Follow the instructions in the video
Step 2: Add devices to your Hook
Now that your Hook is connected to WiFi (LED breathing Cyan), let's add devices to your setup
Adding Devices tutorial
Max Wheeler takes you around his house as he adds Devices to his Hook. Check out for ideas on things to connect with your Hook.
Step 3: Integrations
Connect Hook with other services to get the most out of your Smart Home. Click on the links below to learn how to setup your Hook with these services. All the products and services are trademarks by the respective companies.
Need help with your Hook, check out more troubleshooting steps on the support forum.
Hook LED Patterns